They have a great program at Banner Desert that is called...Child Life, I think (my brain is mush). They come to help answer any questions the kids might have and provide some activities for them. Anyway they came in and brought Lindsay a teddy bear and showed her how they had put the IV in and had her do it to her new friend Mrs. Teddy Bear. It was great because Lindsay really went crazy when they had to take off some of the tape covering her IV to make sure it was okay. Lindsay's comment was, "It gave me a freak out, mom."
We all came for a quick visit on Sunday evening to swap and so everyone could see where she was. Amber and Dave spent most of the day at the hospital with Lindsay. Dave was glad to have Amber there who entertained and played with Lindsay. Who by the way felt great except for the crazy IV in her hand and some sometimes uncomfortableness on her eye.
That is my "comfy" cot that you see in the background (with the blue blanket). I spent both nights with Lindsay and I knew before that I didn't really like hospitals, but I thought it was because every other time I have stayed in one I have just had a baby and didn't really feel great myself. However, after two nights there I didn't fell great anymore so I came to the conclusion that it is the hospital itself that makes me sick:). I am SOOOO happy to be home and sleep in my own bed tonight I just might never get up tomorrow:)!
Here is our last picture at the hospital and the next one is one that I took at home shortly after we settled in. Now feel free to compare to the first picture from this post and let me know what you think. Was our hospital stay helpful??
Tomorrow we go and visit an ophthalmologist to have her eyes checked. Just to make sure that whatever it is that is affecting her eyelid is NOT on her actual eye. The jury is still out as to exactly what has caused this problem. Choice A: Impetigo, Choice B: Herpes Virus (like the one that causes cold sores). One is caused by bacteria and the other by a virus. The pendulum is leaning toward choice B because Lindsay has been on 4 different antibiotics for nearly the past week (she now has a fifth one that she is taking). She is also on an anti-viral medication that according to the Dr. might not do anything, but then again it might. Dave reminded me when I called him as I left the hospital a bit frustrated that we really and truly weren't that much better off than when we got there, that there is a reason that Dr.'s call it "Practicing" medicine. Hopefully they got a lot of "practice" out of us.
It has been an interesting journey. We sure have appreciated everyone that has offered to help us and prayed for Lindsay. It is comforting to know that we have an army behind us! Thanks to all!
10 comments:
I think her eye is looking better. I am so glad for her
AND you. It's hard watching loved ones suffer.
Prayers sent for Lindsay and your family. I hope she gets better soon!
Les.
Way to hang in there mom!!! I have been watching the whole process & we have been praying for you! Thanks for blogging it along the way!!!
I think it looks better. It probably couldn't get a whole lot worse! She was totally CRAZY when we visited her in the hospital. I think Julia was a little concerned when we got there, but by the end she had figured out that it was the same old Lindsay! It was funny to see her so hyper in a place where people are usually pretty reserved.
Well, I'm glad she is doing better. It doesn't really look that different to me. At least you know it's not running crazy through her body or anything. As much as they don't know what it is, it has to be comforting to know a lot of the things it ISN'T. Hope your drama resolves itself soon, no fun for anyone.
I hope Lindsay is doing better. How scary! We will keep you guys in our prayers.
I'm glad you are home. That cute Lindsay. I hope the next dr can figure it out and her eye will be looking better soon!
Ok, I don't think it looks better... is it the picture? I am glad to know that she is well enough to come home, and hope they figure it out soon! She is a trooper, and as for the hospital cot... you know I feel your pain! We will keep praying for her and your cute family!
Poor Lindsay! I hadnt read your blog for a couple of days and didnt realize all of the things you guys were going through. I agree though that her eye does look a lot better. I'll pray for you too that she continues to get better
I think her eye looks slightly better.
I might have some information about the herpes virus. I will try to remember to talk to you about it next time I see you.
Post a Comment