Well on Sunday Lindsay looked like she had a patch of dry skin on her eye. Well by Wednesday it looked to me like it was cold sore on her eye or like impetigo (Paige had it when she was little, but it was around her mouth). I didn't know if you could get it on your eyelid. I did some research and sure enough you can. Since it is a bacterial infection it can be treated with antibiotics. So off to the Dr. we went and sure enough she agreed that it was impetigo. However she has to take the antibiotics orally because it is on her eye. Here she is yesterday afternoon.

That is marker on her lip, not anything related to the eye problem.

Now she has had 4 doses of the antibiotic and this is how she looked this morning:


Maybe it is supposed to look worse before it gets better. UGH! Today is picture day at her school. So I kept her home again. She shouldn't be contagious, but .... plus she is having a ball staying home, coloring and watching tv. Maybe it will be better tomorrow....I had such plans for today, oh well I am learning to be flexible:)!
4 comments:
How sad! I have never seen anything like that. Staying home by yourself can be quite fun.
The smile makes up for the eye! So sorry this is happening! Hope she gets better soon.
Poor kid!
Les.
Does it hurt or itch? Poor girl!
My favorite is the marker on her lip! One bath time, I found a great marker design on Carissa's belly.
I hope she heals quickly!
Post a Comment