Garner Family

Garner Family

Friday, October 10, 2008

Back to normal???


Above is Lindsay on Tuesday. Looking better :). I kept her home from school a couple more days. Below is the picture I took on Thursday after she returned home from school.

I think her eye is looking better. However, there is still a great big scab and it is not very pretty. She came home and said the kids kept looking at her and pointing to her eye. She handled it very well though and said that they were happy to see her back. She had gotten used to staying home and took a little extra snuggling and encouragement to get her moving on Thursday. No problem today!

Today I went with Samantha to "Shadow your Student" day for the 8th graders at Highland Junior High. I went last year with Samantha and she wanted me to go again. I actually think it is a great program and it is fun to see her with her friends and to get a feel of what her day is like. Lots of parents came. We carpooled with the Smiths and Camille (the mom) said after 4th hour..."Is it time to go home now?" My thought was, "Look at how old those parents look. Wait I don't look that old do I?" I still feel like I could fit right in with those kids. When did I become middle age? I guess I am only as old as I feel...right! With Paige in Junior High next I will be doing this pretty consistently with only a little break for a few more years. Probably by the time Lindsay is in Junior High...people really will look at me and think the same thought that I had today. I better keep running so that I look younger than my "real" age:)!

7 comments:

The Berry's Patch said...

Hi Kristin! How are you. I haven't seen you in awhile. I'm so sorry about your daughters eye. :-(

Leslie said...

I feel the same way about Jr. High parents. They're way older than me. I better take up running.
dpnnf
Les.

laurie said...

You are so funny! Correct, we DO fit in with those kids. Only the other moms are that old. I'm glad her eye is feeling better, she still looks so sad!

Erika said...

It's looking better!!!! I am scared to think of what I will look like when my youngest gets there. You definitely could fit right in with those kids ;-)

jamieBEE said...

HAHAHA!!! I feel this same way when I am teaching YW.....how can i be married? with kids, house, & a dog? The Jameson BLOOD is always YOUNG AT HEART!

Sometimes I my mom and I will compare our hands. I tell her -- "you look exactly like Grandma J!" and she will looks at mine and says -- "hey those are my HANDS!"

mwells said...

Looks so much better! I am glad she is back at school.

Jr. High for me next year... I don't know what I'll do!

momof4azkids said...

Poor Lindsay! Glad to hear she's doing better.