Garner Family
Sunday, October 5, 2008
Update on Lindsay
Yesterday, Lindsay's eye didn't look any better. She also had developed a fever of 101 degrees in the night. I called the Dr. on call and they sent us to the ER. We went to Banner Desert and I was surprised at how quickly she was taken back and examined. It was determined that she needed to be admitted and given intravenous antibiotics. They also ordered to have blood work done to see if the bacteria had entered the bloodstream and a CT scan to make sure it had not entered her actual eye or the bone surrounding the eye. The CT scan showed that it had NOT gone into the bone, but it showed that it had gone into the cells and was now Cellulitus as well as Impetigo. She also has a sinus infection. The Dr isn't sure if it happened simultaneously or if it was a result of the impetigo and a weakened immune system. The blood work came back positive this morning which can be bad, however they assured us that it may just be because the sample was contaminated when it was taken so they wanted to retake it and retest it. Lindsay was not happy about being poked again. In fact she has been her FUNNY self and when I have more time I will have to share some of the silly stuff, but right now I will stick to the facts. The Dr was not too concerned because she said if it was really in the bloodstream she would be acting a LOT sicker. Her eye is still red and swollen and now all crusty and because they want to retest the blood, we will stay one more night in the hospital. When we get home I will post more pictures (the camera is still at the hospital). Thanks for your prayers on Lindsay's behalf!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I'm so sorry. How scary that must be. I'm glad she is keeping a good attitude about it. We will definitely keep her, and you, in our prayers.
Your sweet little girl. I'm thinking of you guys and keeping you in my prayers. Lova ya!
Hang in there!
Yikes Kristine! We'll keep you guys in our prayers.
Any more luck today? We are praying for her to get well soon!!!!Diane
Post a Comment