Well, as sad as I was not to be able to talk to you on Tuesday and knowing that I only missed you by about 20 minutes, I was able to carry on...barely:). On Friday we got the picture of you and your new companion & the Mission president and his wife along with your letter (which was awesome) and a letter from the mission president (I'm pretty sure it was a generic letter with your name filled in, regardless I loved it!). I was so excited that I called Dad and made sure he looked at it right away! It was so nice to know that you made it to the mission home safe and sound. I keep wondering what your week since then has been like. I think of the MTC like a bubble (nice and safe, all your time planned out...etc.) and now you are REALLY out in the field. Is your companion from Peru? The letter didn't give her name or where you were going in the mission (like I said pretty generic). So I can not wait to hear all about it! I check the weather there and it is nice and hot. Does it cool down at all? How are your clothes treating you?
On Tuesday I went and got my hair cut and highlighted. I needed a big change. I thought it was a big change, but half the people that I talked to didn't even notice...including Grandma Garner, Aunt MaryAnn, among others. I will take a picture and send it to you (in the morning after I fix it all up).
Tuesday evening I had bunko at our house. I think it has been a really long time since I had bunko here. It worked at great! What a fun group of women! They all noticed my hair because they don't see me all the time and so it was more of a drastic change (at least that the reasoning that Dad gave me after I told him that some people hadn't noticed and others had).
The High School put on the play Beauty and the Beast this year and we went as a family on Friday night (Amber was supposed to go, but got invited to a birthday party and decided to go to that instead. Grandma Garner came with us in her place). Brett C. was Gaston, Riley P. was his sidekick Lefou, Brooklyn D. was Belle, David W. was the beast, Tyler D. was Lumiere, Tori B. was Mrs. Potts, and Becca S.was the wardrobe. They did an amazing job. They were all well cast and wonderful! I LOVED it! Brought back a few memories of when you did Dolly:)
Saturday morning we went on another hike:) (got to get them in before it gets too hot). We hiked up to the tallest point in the Superstition mountains. It is Superstition peak 5057. It was about 9 miles round trip and tough up and down. It was a super cardio workout up and a super quad workout on the way down! I am seriously so confused at why my quads continually get so sore. I am very sore today! OK, not as sore as after the marathon, but close. It took about 6 1/2 hours to do this hike. I thought that I might have a few blisters, but fortunately I didn't, just some hot spots. My toes were a bit sore from hitting the top of my shoes on the way down. We started earlier in the morning yesterday so we were done earlier this week and that was a good thing!
We got back from the hike, I showered and then headed out to the Women's broadcast. Did you get to go? Do they show it there at all or do you get to watch it later? What about Conference? Lindsay was not too excited about the "opportunity" to attend another meeting. I told her she could take a notebook to write and draw pictures in. She wrote a title on the front of it and I am going to send a picture of it so you can see it yourself. It is hilarious! I thought that the first song was so beautiful. I enjoyed the talks and appreciated the words that were spoken. After it was over they served egg shaped sugar cookies. Everyone came to our stake center (we got there early and saved seats). After it was over we all went to Sweet Tomatoes for dinner. Marianne O. and Haley joined us as well. After that I was so tired it was all I could do was come home, change and go to bed.
This morning we got up early and drove to the stake center at the Temple for a morning-side to finish up the Groundbreaking to Dedication. President Lesueur and his wife spoke along with Lauren K., and an Oliver kid and President Merrill. They released the adults so that we line the way to the temple and then the youth came and walked up to the temple to get another group picture. (Were you at camp when they did something similar after the spiritual evening? It reminded me of that). We had a closing prayer and cinnamon rolls and headed home with a few minutes to spare before church. It was a great morning.
My primary lesson this morning was on Issac and Rebecca and we made a paper circle out of a 5 X 10 paper (the instructions were on it). We talked about celestial marriage and I gave them some of the pictures of the Gilbert temple (I glued them onto hard paper so that they were stronger) that Sister D. gave us. I had a couple of kids that didn't take pictures, which is okay. I try not to push them and I would rather keep it than find it on the floor in the hall later. I brought them dum dum succors today and they still are struggling with the concept of being thankful. They just kept asking for more and I said, "It is hard for me to bring treats when you just keep wanting more and you didn't even thank me for the first one," Of course they all chimed in saying "Thank you" at that point. Maybe my only contribution this year will be to help them show a little gratitude:). Keeps me on my toes though!
We have Psych Night on Wednesday and I think that is the biggest thing on my schedule for this week. Other than conference this weekend, of course. Well, I love you tons and can hardly wait to hear how your week is going.
Hope your coming week is wonderful and full of good things!
Love,
Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment