The morning started out early! Kourtney, Erryn & Yvette all came to our house so we could drive out together. It was fun to talk about how nervous we were and how each of us dealt with it. It really kills me that I get so nervous...I know that I am only racing against myself...so why do I worry? I was a little scatterbrained before we left, but we were able to pull it all together and we left home about 6:40am to get out to Queen Creek in time to get our packets and stretch & warm up. Well, it was a little hard to warm up because it was COLD. Not as cold as last year, but still nippy!
Of course we had to make the neccesary potty stop
before getting ready for our race.
We ended up going back to the car to warm up before the race started.
before getting ready for our race.
We ended up going back to the car to warm up before the race started.
Dave always comes in much faster than me, so he is the designated camera guy! He always gets me coming down the stretch and crossing the finish line. Maybe someday we will be able to work something out so he can get his picture taken too!
This is a picture of Dave with our friend Scott. They have carpooled together since 2001. There was a part of the race that we had to kind of double back on the route and so I watched for Dave and was able to see him. Scott was right behind him and I saw him putting his finger to his mouth doing the universal "sh" sign. He didn't want Dave to know that he was following him! It was funny! So now the relationship might move to the next level, not just carpooling buddies but running buddies too!
I got to see Lauie (she cheered me onto the finish line...THANKS LAURIE!). She ran the 10k with several of her kids. Her husband ran the 1/2 marathon with us and I saw him on the way too. It is so fun to see people you know and cheer each other on!
Most of us ended up getting a free massage at the end of the race and I think that really helped me not be quite so sore today.
Overall it was a great day and it was fun to share with friends!
Here is our group as we got ready to go home. l to r: Yvette, Erryn, Me, Dave & Kourtney.
8 comments:
Great job! I'm so proud of you!
Awesome! You did great. I told Laurie my goal is to do the 10K next year. I'm going to need the time to get that much endurance built up. :)
You ROCK!!! That's awesome! I'm planning on running our local 5K this year. Not quite a 1/2 marathon, but I gotta start somewhere. =)
I'm so impressed that you have come so far in such a short amount of time. I love having a little group to talk and compare and share things with. It's a fun new hobby!
What a woman you are!!
Woo Hoo!! Nice job on the whole thing!! You are incredible!!
Woo Hoo!! Way to go on the entire race!! You are incredible!!
You impress me, and make me feel guilty all at the same time. Next Time... Next Time.
Post a Comment