Once again, Dad has beaten me to the letter writing and has, in his well written words, described a lot of our week. I will add what I can to what he has written:).
I also love you very much and love getting your emails each week! It is so fun to hear all the things that you are up to and a little bit about the people you are working with. It brings back a lot of memories from my own mission.
Well it has been quite a week! Lindsay was feeling a little under the weather starting on Saturday morning but went to her soccer game anyway. She stayed home from church on Sunday with a slight fever and a sore throat. I wasn't sure if she had strep throat or not, but the medicine seemed to help her so I was thinking that it probably was not.
Monday morning I was scheduled for Jury Duty and about 4 am Lindsay got up to use the bathroom and I went in to check on her and she was burning up. She had a fever of 104 degrees, which is very unusual for her. I just didn't feel like I could leave her home alone (my jury duty was scheduled in Phoenix). I also felt like she really needed to go to the Dr. to see if it was strep throat or not. I just thought that I could call them and reschedule my time to go or something, but Dad said he would be willing to work from home (I didn't even ask him, because sometimes he just has too much going on and I wasn't sure what was on his plate). It was such a relief and I knew that she would be in good hands, but I was then a little stressed about driving to the courthouse myself (I was just going to go with Dad). I left later than I had planned on going and was a little teary as I started to drive. I said a quick prayer and just asked HF to help me just be okay with whatever happened. I did feel much calmer and had a little more faith to go forward with the day.
It was a very interesting experience to go. There were about 500 other people there. I was called up in one of the first couple of groups. Our group had 35 people in it and I was number 35. It was a sexual harassment case. Long story short, I was not chosen for the jury (they only needed 9 people) and so I got to go home. I got home about 2:30. It was a case that was going to last all week and so I was glad that I wasn't chosen (too much going on around here, but not enough to be excused because of that). Another time it might be interesting to be chosen.
BTW you also received a jury summons. I have to send something in writing to the court in your behalf to get you excused. I will copy you on the email, hopefully I can take care of it, but you may also have to write an email explaining what you are doing, but I will let you know. So don't worry about it:).
Lindsay ended up staying home from school M, T, and Wednesday. I would have kept her home on Thursday but she insisted that she go and her fever was down so I let her go back. Only a few more weeks and school will be done for this school year. Kind of crazy!
Aunt MaryAnn was asked by Aunt Karen to do the flowers for Eric and Ellen's wedding and I told her I would help her. She had put together the boutonnieres by the time I had a chance to help her out, but needed some help with the corsages and the bridal bouquet. She really just needed someone to tell her that what she had done already looked good! I did put the bridal bouquet together and I thought it turned out nicely. You can see it in the picture that dad sent you. It was fun to work with her and figure stuff out.
I also helped set up the reception on Thursday night and the tables and chairs for the luncheon. Aunt Karen asked me to put together some center pieces for the luncheon tables. Let's just say they turned out fine (with MaryAnn's help). Ellen was very gracious and said that she loved everything:), hopefully that was really the truth.
Julie, MaryAnn, Kathy and I helped to put all the decorations out at the reception on Friday after the luncheon (Ellen's mom and a few friends helped also). It all turned out beautifully. It was held at the house of one of Eric's friends. It was really beautiful!! The mom (whose house it was at) of Eric's friend was a hoot. She reminded me so much of Aunt Christy Hugh that I almost had to remind myself that they were not related. We worked hard (we also kept the dessert table stocked). It was very nice.
Saturday, I went to Lindsay's soccer game (it was HOT) and they won. All the girls (both teams) were super hot and a little sluggish, but what do you expect when it is 90 degrees!
After the game I dropped Lindsay off at home, ran to Safeway, picked up some cards and went over to Savanah's bridal shower. Stayed for a while and then Sister Teague and I went together to Brittany's bridal shower. We didn't stay the whole time, but Jessica, Savanah and Brittany were all asking about you.
Seems like the season for weddings:)! So glad that you are out serving the lord having some unique experiences that will help you learn so much wisdom and more!
Well, I think that is all I have to say right now. I haven't been able to find your skype stuff yet, but I will keep looking. If we can't find it just create a new account. If we can't skype I will look into how to make phone calls. I am so excited to be able to hear your voice! Dad told me that I need to write my questions down, so that when we talk they can all get answered:)!
I love you so much!!!
Love,
Mom

No comments:
Post a Comment