About the time that I was pregnant with our 4th child, Kent and Suzann were preparing to serve a mission and through the physical check up's it was discovered that the cancer had returned. Kent was told that the cancer had gone into his bones. At the time the Doctor gave him 6 months to 5 years to live and that it would depended on how well his body responded to the treatment. He responded well for over 5 years and the last year plus has been a exclamation blessing.
We named our son after both his grandpa's (Kent R. Garner & C. Kent Hugh). It seemed appropriate at the time and continues to give us opportunities to teach him about the importance of a name. In fact just yesterday he was asked to give a talk in Primary and he talked about being part of a family and what a privilege it is to share his name with some wonderful men.
I just wanted to include a couple of pictures from around Christmas Time when we shared some wonderful times with Grandpa Kent Garner.
I am so thankful for the example that Grandpa Kent was to me and my family. I am thankful that I have the opportunity to be a part of his family. The funeral will be on Monday, March 2, 2009 at the Highland Stake Center here in Gilbert. There will be tears and laughter as we celebrate his life and legacy.
12 comments:
(((hugs))) to you and your family. It's never easy to say goodbye, even when we know it's just until the next stage of life. You're in my prayers.
Kristine and Dave, I am so sorry to hear this news. Kent does indeed have a good name! I am sure he will live up to it. Dacia
Isn't it amazing that because of what we know we can be so sad and so happy at the same time? Our thoughts and prayers will be with your family.
He was an awesome man, and was always so friendly to me. I'm sure he will be greatly missed. My parents send their condolences, also and are hoping to make it down for the funeral.
So sorry to hear. What a nice tribute.
Kristine and Dave, please know that we are thinking of you. It's so great that you got so much time with him.
Please give Richard and Christie our best as well.
I am so sorry that you lost someone so special. Even though we know we will see him again, it still hurts. Tell Dave I'm sorry. Lots of love is coming your way.
What an amazing man Kent was/is. He has created a legacy that will never be forgotten. We are thinking of your family and hope that you will be filled with peace and feel Heavenly father near. Please send our thoughts to Susanne also. We think the world of your family.
Jeni
We are so sad and sorry for you. You are in our prayers! We love you guys!
I'm so sorry, Kristine. My condolences to all of you!
What a sweet tribute! AND, to think he had the amazing strength to beat the odds by a mile!
Kristine--so kind of you to write this! Love you--diane
Post a Comment