Garner Family
Tuesday, February 3, 2009
I am READY for some good news!
Life seems to get more complicated the older I get. My kids have problems I don't know how to help solve no matter how many parenting books I read or classes I attend; my friends have trials I don't know how to help them through; and to top it all off Dave's Dad's health is starting to really deteriorate. Why did I ever think that when I got older things would be easier because I would be wiser? I remember looking at my mom when she was my age and thinking that she knew how to handle everything. Maybe she did or maybe it was just my perception. I hope my kids look through the same rose-colored glasses I did and then when they are older I can tell them the truth (life is never as easy as everyone else makes it look). It is times like this that I am glad that I have started to try and understand what Faith is all about. I know that I can't figure this out on my own and I have to just trust that the Lord knows what He is doing and that everything will work out the way that it is supposed to. I am also sure that there is a lot of praying going on...and not just at my house!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I can't think of anything encouraging to say! You have a great attitude and you are correct, the Lord knows what he's doing. Not to mention, free agency, if that applies at all.
I still see you through those rose colored glasses!!!!!!! You are amazing!!! My word- did you see what you did on Saturday?? Did you see how far you ran in the freezing cold?? Did you see your "HOT" mom body run across the finish line!!? You are Super Woman disguised as my cousin!
I totally agree with you, have faith and Heavenly Father will take care of you. I'm sorry to hear about Dave's dad's health. Sometimes things happen to us or those we love and we can't understand why, but we have to remember that there is a plan in place and we can't see all the pieces of the puzzle yet.
You are far wiser than you give yourself credit for.
I hope the rose colored glasses never go away... I just can't see through them and my tears at the same time! Both are good!
Life does have a way of getting complicated and YOU, dear Kristine, have the right stuff to take you to the finish line.
Keep the faith!
Isn't that the truth? I find myself thinking things like a lot lately, the most recent being, "Hey, this is the age my mom had to go back to work. I thought it was no big deal for her but I bet it was really hard with little kids at home and an annoying teenager (me)!"
Good luck (or should I say good faith?) with everything. You can do it.
Post a Comment