The stressful week leading up to our weekend ski trip was tough, but we made it through with lots of help from family and friends. The most stressful part was making sure that my kids were taken care of while we were gone. Thanks to everyone who stepped in and make it possible to go, and for helping us to not feel guilty for leaving at such a crazy time.
We arrived in SLC with no problems. We went to get our rental car and our challenge was to see if we could fit 5 adults with luggage into our Dodge Charger. Well, we put the men on the job and they came through with flying colors. I stood outside and observed the process, while Camille sat in the car and went for a ride, as they pushed and pulled and manuvered. It all worked out and we didn't even have to hold any suitcases on our laps!

Mission Accomplished!!

We drove up to Park City, settled in and then went to rent our skis so we would be ready for a full day of skiing the next morning. During the night it had snowed lightly and it was so quiet and beautiful. I don't miss driving in the snow, but I do miss the quiet and how beautiful the world is when it is dressed in white.

We had clouds on an off all day and sometimes the visibility was limited, but we all had a great time with no major wipeouts!! Dave is becoming quite the skier!

The views from the tops of the mountain were spectacular
and it was fun to be with my sweatheart!

We stayed at Camille's parent's home, which is just beautiful. We celebrated Sara's birthday (thanks to April for all the planning, preparation and execution!), spent time relaxing in the hot tub, played games and talked.

Sunday we went to church and then drove down to Heber Valley and did some sight seeing. Here we are at the Homestead in Midway.

When it came time to come home it was bittersweet. I missed my kids, but I love being with just adults too for a while!
8 comments:
looks like tons of fun!
Where's Markelle? How did she manage to stay out of every picture? The trip does look like lots of fun!
Markelle didn't come:(! Too hard to make arrangements for the kiddos.
That WAS a fun weekend! I haven't been skiing in forever. The snow is absolutely beautiful. I felt exactly the same when we were coming back from NYC. Bittersweet.
Sounds and looks like so much fun! I am glad you went!
I tried skiing for the first time last year--when I was 7 months pregnant with baby #6! It didn't turn out to be the best idea--and my first time going down the big run I fell getting off the lift & had to be taken down the hill on a snowmobile! I can't wait to try again though, the snow is so much fun! It's so fun to get away together isn't it! Glad you had a good time.
Looks like you had so much fun! I think grown up weekends are very needful.
What a cute little ski bunny you are!! And I am loving how beautiful the snow covered mountains look in the background.
Post a Comment