Garner Family

Garner Family

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Injury, ugh!

Okay, so now that Dave and I are thinking about the St. George Marathon in October, I am trying to train seriously (for me anyway). Dave has been lifting weights (small ones in our home) for the past couple of months. I have learned that running well involves building up muscles in areas that you don't think that you use in running, like arms and stomach muscles. So Monday morning I got up earlier with Dave and had him show me some of his routine. When we were finished I went to put the weights away, and the stupidest thing in the world happened! I hurt my back! I didn't even pick up the weights all the way, I just started to and I could tell they were too heavy and put it back down. I could tell that something was a little off, but I thought it would just go away, but as the day progressed it got worse! What a bummer and for hardly anything! Oh well. I broke down and went to the chiropractor today because all the ibuprofen and ice were helping, but it felt like I needed something more. That was an experience in it self! My new years resolution is to always use my legs when lifting cause this lower back stuff STINKS!!! I am actually pretty functional, just a dull ache until I move the wrong way and then comes the sharp pain. Hopefully it will heal quickly.

3 comments:

Annie K said...

Sorry to hear about that.

laurie said...

Aww man! I hate when that stuff happens. Backs are testy little things. you never know when you are going to set it off! I hope it isn't anything lasting, you have gone too far to have anything stop you now!

Camille said...

Oh, I am so sorry. Hope you get better soon!!

p.s. Jerel really liked running the St. George Marathon and I really enjoyed cheering everyone on at the finish line. :)