I figured that it was my birthday and one donut would be a great treat to start the day off. Dave had made arrangements for several of my friends to get me out of the house for most of the day. We spent some time at the Changing Hands Bookstore in Tempe, then we went to lunch at Joe's BBQ in downtown Gilbert (where they give you a free meal on your birthday). We chatted and ate and then off we went to watch Twilight. After the movie I went shopping for a while by myself to kill a little more time before the big birthday shindig that Dave had planned for me.
I came home to a decorated house and this birthday cake and chocolate chip cookie. I freshened up and soon people started arriving.
We played several games including, name that tune...which ended up being harder than Dave thought. He had gone through our old cassette tape collection and cued up the songs and had people guess the song and the artists. We played another game that he called "Big 40" which is a clapping game like "Categories" that we, as a group, struggled to figure out. It made me laugh so hard that once we figured the game out it wasn't nearly as funny to me.
We ended the evening with a PowerPoint answering the questions on the questionnaire. Dave had gone through my old photo albums and baby book and put together a great presentation. I really appreciated the work that Dave put into making my birthday fun for me...I hope the other people had a good laugh at least.
13 comments:
I am so glad you had a great day! Your presents were fantastic. Dacia
Wow! What a day. You are very blessed to have a husband who can think that much...lol. Glade tries hard, but I don't think he could have come up with half of that. Krispy Kreme?????? What more can I say....sigh. Oh well, Happy Birthday ya Old Fart! (I'm right behind you)
Brad and I will be joining your club shortly! Glad to see you had such a great party. A power point presentation and everything?!? Go Dave! I haven't even got a cake for the last 5 years unless I make it myself! :>
Jerel's great, but I think he would have come up with none of that? Okay, to be fair--maybe one or two things. Anyways, what a great day and a great husband you got there too. And here's a little happy birthday from me. I bet you can hear the music in your head:
"Happy, happy birthday Kristine dear. Happy days will come to you all year. If I had a wish then it would be . . . a happy, happy birthday to you from me!!"
p.s. 40 is kind of old LOL
Dang. I'm so sad we missed it. I'm always up for some good laughs. When does Dave turn 40?
I'm sorry we missed the party too. I knew it would be fun! Looks like you got some fun presents :) Sounds like it was the perfect day!
Wow...that's amazing...Congratulations! I can remember when you were just a little kid! That makes me REALLY old...great to see pix of your folks- give them my best!
Aunt Bonnie
hey kristine, congats on the big 40! sounds like it was a great day. like you said you hopefully will not need those glasses soon, but hopefully not the commode either!
big hugs,
your (somewhat younger) cousin eimi
Kristine,
Happy very Belated 40th Birthday!!! Karl told me that morning that it was your b-day and that he was going to call you.... Well good intentions but it never happened. So glad you posted the party and the gag gifts--how fun! You look great!!!!!!!!!! and i agree the family photo from thanksgiving turned out really great too!
40 looks great on you! I really should have called to rub it in! I've waited a long time to be glad that I was the youngest of the group -- even though I don't feel so young anymore!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I told Scott about it and now he's in a panic...he says he was always next to you in line and that means HE'S getting close to 40, too. Good thing I'm holding at 29. Forever. =)
What a great birthday!And way to go Dave!
You make 40 look good!
What a great birthday! And way to go Dave.
You make 40 look good!
Post a Comment