Garner Family

Garner Family

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Turkey Trot & Thanksgiving 2008

Here we are before the race began. It was a little chilly and had rained off and on, but the most rain didn't come until we had finished the races!

Check out Lindsay, Kent & Amber "stretching" to get ready to run the one mile fun run. My dad ran with the kids, he was a great sport! He said that Lindsay would run and then stop and walk and just as he would catch up to her she would turn around and start running again! She was determined to beat Grandpa to the finish line!


We met up with my niece Kourney after the race (she also did the 10k). We took a friend from our ward with us and he came in 2nd in the 2 mile run. My mom took 1st in her age division. (If we would have stuck around she would have taken home a turkey...but we had a timeline:), sorry mom!). It turned out to be a great day. Both Dave and I improved our times from last year! Dave came in at 47:37 and I came in at 57:23.

We went to Thanksgiving dinner at Dave's brother Richard's house...we affectionately call it the "Garner Resort". There were about 45 people there including my parents and several other "in-law" parents. It was quite the group and we all had a grand time.

My sister-in-law took our family pictures with her nice camera and they turned out really nice and will be on our family Christmas Card. While we were waiting to get our pictures taken one of my other sister-in-law took this one with our non-fancy camera with my mom and dad in there with us. I thought they turned out pretty good too.

3 comments:

laurie said...

very cute pictures! I think its great that your parents ran. I hope I'm still up and running at that age!

Camille said...

Is that taken at the Val Vista lakes country club OR the Garner resort? They look the same to me. :) And you're right--the pictures looks great!!

DTaylor said...

Of course I think the photo turned out great!