Garner Family

Garner Family

Thursday, November 13, 2008

When is my hard work going to pay off?????

I just looked at the picture of us ice skating and got frustrated that after over a year of running and trying to eat healthier...I STILL have huge thighs! Now, I don't want any comments that it is not true to try and make me feel any better, I just want to vent today! I told Dave this morning..."With thighs like this you think I would be a super fast sprinter right?" I say that because when I watched the Olympics this past summer I noticed that all the distance runners are SUPER thin and all the sprinters are muscular and powerful. In my heart I want to be like the distance runners in build, but I am built more like a sprinter (that is if I were really in shape the way they are)...the sad part is I can run farther than I can run fast. I think there is something wrong here. What do you do??? I guess I will just keep running and hope that maybe someday I will really look like a distance runner :)!

6 comments:

The Johnsen7 said...

You may not want to hear it, but be proud of your huge accomplishment! You ran a marathon! You are amazing!!! I only wish I could do what you are doing. I cannot run, even if chased! Your body will come around, you are doing great!!

Mike and Marianne said...

I don't know Christine. I've worked out regularly for the past 7 years and still have "stuff" all the wrong places. Of course we all know people that haven't worked out a day in their lives and have the body of a super model. Just keep telling yourself that at least your heart is healthy even if your thighs aren't cooperating!

laurie said...

I agree with the previous. We have what we have! And truthfully, your thighs are not HUGE! I was running and saw my shadow. I said to Glade, "look how wide my butt looks in the shadow". He giggled at me and raised his eyebrows. I know, it's not just the shadow. Stay focused on the good heath.

Annie K said...

Marianne speaks the truth. I have always had a problem with my thighs. When buying pants if the leg fit right the waist was 2 inches too big. I have been running for 10 years and nothing has really changed except for the worst. I now add butt to my list of problem areas. Sorry for the grim reality. I am sure there is a way to fix those areas but it would take a lot more motivation, dedication, and time on my part. It would include a very strict diet, a lot more intense cardio of various forms, and weight training. Since I am not willing to commit I, myself, use Marianne's plan of telling myself that at least I am healthy.

mwells said...

Even if you don't want to hear it... I think you look fabulous! And you should take a bow for all of your hard work. Too bad you cannot see yourself as others see you because, you look fantastic!

amy said...

seriously, you look great! and you should be commended for your hard work.
kudos to you. :)