Garner Family
Monday, November 3, 2008
Halloween
I think that my kids growing up is helping me to get some of my sanity back...well maybe a tiny bit. I always wanted to make Halloween fun for my kids, but it always ended up stressful for me...figuring out costumes, make up, school parties and trick-or-treating. I have always ended up grumpy with a BAD headache despite my efforts. For a few years I kept hoping that it would get better, but it didn't...until this year! I let my kids choose their own costumes (from our overflowing dress up box). I told them if it wasn't in there they would have to figure something else out. To my great surprise they did it! I didn't even mention make up and no one asked! Yeah! So far so good. My two oldest did their own thing with their friends...so they took care of themselves. I only had to take the 3 youngest out trick-or-treating and I didn't even mind that Dave got home later than he usually does. We went around our neighborhood with some friends and the only glitch was that Kent got REALLY thirsty about 1/2 through. My friends came through with some water bottles and we went on, until they didn't want to carry their candy anymore because it was too heavy. A sure sign to me that we have had enough! On to Dave's parent house and home to bed!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Your kids look super cute in their costumes!Sound like it was a stress free Halloween! Yay!
Hi Kristine!
It's great to read of all of your adventures! Congrats on the running too! I will be leaving for Sweden Thursday but right now I am just really enjoying time with the kids and their families. Was with Bryan and family until this weekend and am loving time with Nate and family until I leave. Let's keep in touch!
they look pretty darn good for just winging it! Glad it went well, I totally empathize with that headache thing.
Way to enjoy your journey!
I really need to learn to just let go, too. My stress goes down and the kids love making their own decisions. I want to be like you when I grow up! =)
Kids look awesome! You must have quite the dress up box, I am jealous. We are re-building ours. We too, experienced the 'too heavy' trick or treat bags. Something new for us. We have all together waaaayyyy too much candy in this house! Now I know your blog... thx to Carrie, too! :)
Kristine! I'm thrilled to find you here. I can't wait to read your ENTIRE blog and get updated on your life. You are a VERY special person to me.
Ginger
Kristine! I'm thrilled to find you here. I can't wait to read your ENTIRE blog and get updated on your life. You are a VERY special person to me.
Ginger
that's a perfect anti-stress tip. i'm glad you got to enjoy the holiday this year!
i'm so glad lindsay's eye is better. that was scary-- and i'm sorry i called you right in the middle of it all and asked for the youth to come crash your pad. i had no idea.
speaking of eyes, i hope your allergies clear up soon! take care. :)
Post a Comment