Garner Family

Garner Family

Friday, November 14, 2008

Update on Lindsay


I kind of fell off the blogging wagon once Lindsay got better and so I thought that I should post a picture of her without the eye issue. Even though she doesn't look too happy in this picture (remember how I said ice skating was MOSTLY fun) her eye does not bother her anymore. However her legs have been bothering her on and off for the past three weeks. I kept her out of school last Friday because she wouldn't even walk. She started complaining about it on Thursday afternoon and by Friday morning I had to carry her where she needed to go. After a day of nearly no movement, and cries of pain when she did try to move her leg, she did improve by the end of the evening and was generally okay by Saturday morning.

All week she has been fine until she woke up from a nap yesterday screaming that she couldn't move without pain again. As I have been talking to people I wonder is it growing pains or could it be something left over from all the antibiotics that she had with her eye problem. I am open to possibilities. I looked on the internet and couldn't find much...other than growing pains, and other stuff that I am not sure about or maybe don't want to think about. Motrin seems to be helping a little. Anyway...if you have a thought let me know! Thanks!

3 comments:

Leslie said...

Poor kid! I hope you figure it out soon and that she feels better.
Les.

mwells said...

Sooooo glad the eye is better. Tanner also complains of severe leg pain. I have always chalked it up to "growing" too. It is a little scary when he wakes up in the middle of the night crying profusely because his legs hurt. Motrin is our answer as well! Sorry, no help here.

DTaylor said...

Sidney has bad leg pains too. I had blood drawn to test for the "other possibilities that we don't like to think of" and it at least alleviated my fears. Motrin and a warm bath--I also like the magnesium crystals in the bath.....

diane