Garner Family

Garner Family

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

No School

Who decided to have a holiday in the middle of the week? Oh, yeah...it is to honor those who have served our country, not that I am not eternally grateful, I am, but couldn't it be a Monday or a Friday?

Yesterday started out okay. My kids are getting older and I am generally under the impression that they can do a lot for themselves...unless it is a holiday and then suddenly they become incapable of getting their jobs done, or entertaining themselves. These kinds of days turn into, "Mom, I'm bored", or "Mom, I don't have anything to do".

Then again, maybe it is me that is out of the mode. I used to plan fun things for us to do...parks, bike rides, the library. So yesterday I had had enough (and it was only 10 AM), and packed up everyone who would go with me (Amber, Kent, Lindsay and Rex) and we went and explored the Riparian. After an hour we came home and picked up the rest of the crew and headed over to the Rec Center. I think Samantha summed it up best when she commented as we drove home, "That was actually fun".

1 comment:

laurie said...

What is a Raparian? Not only is it weird on a Tuesday, but then Wednesday feels like Monday and you are off the whole rest of the week!