Garner Family
Saturday, July 19, 2008
What happened to my Saturday????
Saturday's seem like such a precious commodity, but they go by much too fast. It is the one day that Dave is home and can help and we can get a few things done. Today we decided to go for our "regular" run...I can call it that officially because we have been "running" (Dave runs, I jog) for almost one whole year now. After which we were going to just get a little shopping in...some bookshelves for our piano room, look at buying Kent a desk for his birthday. Well, we started out early enough, the alarm went off at 5:30 am and after stretching etc. off we went, by the time we actually got out of the house to go shopping it was about 10:30 (you know...some yard work, showering, cleaning up various messes, giving the kids instructions before leaving). After about 3 stores we were exhausted and no closer to purchasing anything! Throw in a fancy lunch at Arby's, a quick change in the Arby's bathroom into Sunday clothes (easier for me than Dave...I just put on a skirt and Dave had to do the whole Superman presto chango). We headed off to the Temple for a wedding. Since we were in the area we had a few more stores to go to so we quickly...or not...changed in the car while sitting in the Temple parking lot back into our regular Saturday attire and went off to DI. We walked around the whole store before finding our "treasure"! Kent wants a desk...just like he has at school...to have in his room. I have looked for weeks on Craig's list and researched it on the internet. I could buy a desk at online store that sells to schools, but I would have to buy 2 and I could buy chairs, but I had to buy 4 and the shipping cost almost as much as both desks. I just knew I could find something at DI or at a garage sale, but frankly I don't have the energy to go driving all around shopping at multiple garage sales hoping to find what I wanted. So I went with a prayer in my heart and lots of faith knowing that if it was possible it would happen. Now those of you who see us on a regular basis are sworn to secrecy as I tell you what we found. I found the cutest old school desk at DI and then found the perfect chair to go with it, now granted it needs a lot of work, but it cost $3 for the desk and $3 for the chair! I had almost figured that I would have to spend a lot more than that to get what we were looking for. Yeah!! So after all of that other shopping we came home with a find and pulled in the driveway about 4:30 pm. Thank goodness that we had found the desk or I would have had to write off another Saturday full of good intentions, but with little to show for it. I have such high hopes for Saturdays...maybe I will get more done next week!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Make sure we get to see a picture! I'm glad you found what you were looking for.
K, just a quick comment. You have my blog link listed under Laurie and Glade. lol
I love your "triumphant shopping experience"! Good job! I hope Kent loves it. It's so great when you find exactly what you want and for a steal of a price.
Hey! I thought you were never coming back to blog world. Gotta love DI. Really? 5:30 on a Saturday?? wow.
I feel the same way. I think we feel super human when the day starts out and then wonder what happened to our powers when we head for bed!
Post a Comment