Garner Family

Garner Family

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Enjoying the last days of Summer??!?!

It is always a little bit crazy to me that school down here starts so early in August, especially here in Gilbert. I have tried to figure out if they start school because August is so hot and parents were tired of the heat or exactly what the reasoning is behind the early start. Whatever the reason is we have only until August 6th till we are back on a schedule. In some ways I am happy to have a schedule and in other ways, sad. It has been nice having built in babysitters (not that I really do that much on my own besides shopping, but going to the grocery store is great when I am by myself!).
So we have one full week to fit in all the things that I was going to do and didn't get to the last two months...I think that I can fit it all in...okay maybe not. I am sure that my kids will take advantage of sleeping in the last few days. Lindsay is not excited about going to Kindergarten AT ALL. So on Thursday we all went "school" shopping to buy some clothes for the kids to be all ready for next week. I was hoping that this would help her get excited. She doesn't really like shopping, but she does like having new clothes to wear. Since school doesn't start for another week I told her she can't wear the clothes until school starts. I am hoping that it will just build the excitement for her. We will see!
Last Friday we went with some friends to a public pool in Chandler and had a fun afternoon of swimming. We didn't get in as much swimming as I would have liked this summer...maybe if we had our own???? Is there a pool lottery?

2 comments:

mwells said...

The start of school is more than creeping up on us! I can't believe it is only a few days away! We are also trying to cram in a few last minute "summer" activities. Thanks for helping the girls to have such a great time making their skirts!

jamieBEE said...

i don't know about a lottery - but I DO KNOW that if you come to vegas you can swim all day and night at my mom's house!!!! :) Welcome to the blogging world!!!!!!! :)