Yesterday, at the last minute, I decided to take my kids to the Arizona Mills Mall to the Rain Forest Cafe and the IMAX theater. I thought that sounded fun and since they had all done the summer reading program at the Library it would be mostly FREE. Which is always a good thing! So I first started looking for all the coupons. We ended up with 6 coupons to the Rain Forest Cafe and only 3 to the IMAX, how did that happen??? Oh well! We always seem to be living right on the edge, mostly okay, but not completely right.
Anyway I decided I couldn't keep all this fun to myself so I called up Diane and MaryAnn (knowing that their kids had also done the reading thing) hoping that someone would join us in our adventure. They (mostly) willingly joined us and we had a nice tidy group of 14!!! As our kids were running (at full speed) down the mall to the Rain Forest Cafe I wondered how our "small" thundering group looked. I can hardly believe how many kids we three adults were responsible for. In fact maybe the kids were wondering that too, because in the movie Kent leaned over to me and asked "Mom how come there are only 3 grown ups with all these kids?" I wanted to say, "I don't know son I think we are CRAZY!", but I just replied in good mother form, "That is just the way it is." I guess the movie was interesting enough to him that he didn't question me and just went back to trying to reach out and touch the whale coming out of the screen.
I guess I should mention that the IMAX was in 3-D and the glasses were a bit funky. We got in a little late (seating and taking care of 14 at the restaurant took a while) and the movie had started. So Lindsay sat down and settled in and put on her glasses and immediately took them off. I came over and talked to her and told her to put them back on and she told me, "No, the movie is too close when they are on!" I was chuckling and thinking...but that is what it is supposed to be like. I finally convinced her to put them on for a while when the dolphins were on the screen (nice and sweet and playful, not like the scary whales!). Well it was quite an adventure to end our summer outings! Thanks to MaryAnn & Diane for joining in on the FUN!
4 comments:
K, I did the summer reading program and got NO rain forest coupons. How does that work? You have inspired me to take my kids to the IMAX before school starts though. AND CUTE blog!
Way to go, it's very cute! People think I'm crazy, 14 at the mall?? It's all good once you're done and look back though, huh?
Our flock was quite the sight! But it was fun! Thanks for helping us to be spur of the moment people!
What a fun day! We did the reading program too and didn't get coupons like that. Bummer!
Post a Comment