Here is what my day looked like yesterday:
- up at 5:30 to go running, by the time I got out the door it was already 5:50am...so much for getting right out there (there are good reasons, but I will spare you the details).
- once I got home and tried to do a few sit ups, the gang was up and needing help.
- got everyone off to school and loaded Kent, Lindsay and Amber into the car for the carpool over to their school.
- came home and worked with Amber until it was time to pick up Lindsay and neighbor from school at 11:15am.
- Made lunch for Amber and Lindsay and me.
- Did some last minute cleaning...downstairs bathroom, front of all the appliances in the kitchen and cleaned out the inside of the microwave and scrubbed the kitchen sink, because BUNKO was at my house at 7pm.
- Finally hopped in the shower and then got dressed. I felt a headache coming on and knew that this was not the day to "just see if it will go away", so I immediately took some Excedrin type medication and laid down for about 10 minutes.
- Finished getting ready and hopped in the car to go pick up Kent and friends from school (early release).
- Dropped kids off (including Kent who wanted to play with a friend rather than go shopping with me...my kids HATE shopping). Amber and Lindsay usually are not great shoppers, but I was being blessed and they were very good and sweet the WHOLE time.
- I had about 1 hour to get what I needed to get for Bunko and get home and move into the next busy phase. Got home in the nick of time and unloaded the groceries...putting in the fridge and freezer the cold items and left the rest for later...when I had more time???
- Called and Kent came home...worked on the homework for music class and piled back in the car. We weren't coming home for a while so everyone had to get their clogging shoes (Amber & Lindsay) and t-ball/softball stuff (Kent & Amber) and off we went to music class (which is really for Kent and Lindsay, but Amber had to come because I didn't have time to come back and get her and there was no one else home anyway.
- Rushed from music class to drop Lindsay off at clogging then rushed to the school (where the practices were, both of them (what a blessing!) and got Kent & Amber settled in...for a few minutes for Amber at least.
- Amber only got to stay for 20 minutes of practice because she had to go to clogging. So we hopped back in the car (after telling my friend that I would really be back to get Kent, I PROMISE!) and went back to clogging (which is...another blessing and the whole reason that I thought I could pull this all off... just around the block).
- Dropped Amber off, picked up Lindsay and a friend...took friend home and went back to the field to make sure Kent was going to be okay. I ended up being there about 15 minutes and Amber was dropped off and went to the end of her practice. It was now 6:10 pm and Bunko would start at my house in 50 minutes and I still needed to put away groceries and make sloppy joes and finish everything up. It was so windy outside I thought we were all going to blow away (this will mean something more in a minute).
- Got home about 6:20pm and started getting stuff ready. Fortunately Paige had called and asked what I needed and I asked if she would make sure the house was decluttered. She even swept under the table (I hadn't had time for that earlier) and did some last minute dusting...what an angel!
- Sent Dave and kids off to DQ to get their own dinner. I had planned on having the sloppy joes all ready so they could just eat here...but there was NO TIME:)!
It was quite the day and the season has just started!!!
9 comments:
I'm glad you're having such a great time with the whole motherhood thing!
WOW!! Pack it all in! :) Sounds like a true Jameson!!
You go soccer mom... I think that phrase works for most things!
Oh my gosh--we are doing the same thing right now--4 kids on 4 different teams, and it's CRAZY! From now until May we will be at a game every M-F--sometimes 2 or 3 in one night! I am just glad to not be doing it with a newborn this year! Good luck!
What a day! Even if each kid only does one thing, it makes for chaos. Sad I missed Bunko but I heard it was really fun. Hope you had a good night's sleep, you needed it!
Wow!! You looked GREAT for having such a super-long day. I hope the good laughs we had at Bunko made all the rushing around worth it. I know I really appreciated the candy. ;) Oh, and thanks for showing me Amber's school stuff. I think we're in for next year!
Makes me tired reading about it! I bet your glad that day is over!
I hate that I missed bunko. But it was just a "no go" with the day I had--actually very similar to yours--but ended way late. Wasn't that wind CRAZY!!! I was sitting in it for hours and hours for baseball games and a track meet. You're amazing!
Wow!!! Wears me out just reading it! It was great to see your folks this last weekend...they just missed the arrival of Lily, who was delivered on Monday of this week. Mandy and Lily came home yesterday and are doing well! Always love reading about all of your activities!
Post a Comment