Garner Family

Garner Family

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Time to start blogging again!

Now that I have taken a "summer break," I am back. I know that this is the only way that I am going to get a family history done. I have seen the books made from blogs and they are incredible.

Since my triathlon, life has been a little crazy. I am probably going to just have to sum up some of the main events because I am not patient enough to go back through the months and write details about everything. So here is the sum up for May 2009:

CRAZY, CRAZY & CRAZY. I am sure most families that have kids involved in any type of baseball/softball feel my pain. Actually, I know that my pain and craziness did not even touch some of the others I know who had more kids involved, but alas this is our story...so here it is! Fortunately, I had friends with kids on every (scratch that), both (now that I remember the truth...I only had 2 kids playing...it seemed like a lot more at the time) teams. Most of them had 2 kids playing too. We helped each other by taking kids to the games many of the weeks. Some weeks my kids had a parent at their games and some weeks they didn't and some weeks they had two (those were pretty unusual). Of course there were Choir performances, Orchestra Concerts (Paige had 4 this year and I made it to 1/2 of the last one...too many conflicts!), school programs, graduations and promotions. Then to top it all off I had Girls Camp preparation and Dave had "Survivor Man" (priest activity) prep. Dave and the Priests left on Memorial Day and came home on Thursday, May 28th. Samantha, Paige and I left the following Wednesday for Girls Camp. On the last Saturday in May I ran 17 miles trying to prepare for a marathon. The next day my knee (IT band) hurt. UGH! No marathon for me until it heals up.

Here are some highlights in pictures:

Kent and Lindsay had patriotic programs at the beginning of the month. I almost missed Kent's because I didn't write it down correctly on my all powerful calendar!

Mother's day was heavenly!

Dave did this amazing Mother's day card for me. It was the BEST!!!


Samantha at her Choir concert (winning several awards).

This is one intense ball player. Amber really loved playing softball and her coaches named her the "Most Teachable Player". What a great compliment!

I tell you what...WOW! Check out these batting stances :)!


I just had to include this picture! It cracked me up!!

Paige "Graduates from Elementary School", it is onto JUNIOR HIGH!!!

Somewhere on my computer are the pictures of Lindsay "graduating" from Kindergarten and Samantha's "Promotion" from 8th grade, but for some reason I can't get them onto my blog. However it was a very "productive" month!!

2 comments:

laurie said...

Glad to see you back! I've been lonely here in blog world.

Anonymous said...

Welcome back! I have missed your updates. I hope you have a great school year. Dacia