Garner Family

Garner Family

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Lindsay turns 6!

Here she is just 6 months old!

Now my 6 year old!

What a sweet girl my little Lindsay is! She is really the baby of the family. We have tried so hard to help her stop sucking her thumb (trips to the dentist are not happy days at our house because he keeps telling us that she better stop sucking her thumb or there will be major problems), but she just has a hard time. She tells me, "I want to mom, but my thumb just tastes delicious." Oh well, life goes on and eventually she will decide it is important to stop.?

Here are some of her other cute qualities:
  • She is a great peacemaker. She will usually be the one who gives in and makes everything work. Sometimes she wonders why no one else does this, but not for long.
  • She has the most incredible facial expressions. Her puppy dog eyes and mouth in a pout can melt any heart!
  • She tells it like it is. Sometimes I wonder if she is really turning 13 instead of 6. She can sound so grown up.
  • She is great at entertaining herself.
  • She doesn't really like dressing up (I don't even think she really knows this about herself. She tries to like it when friends come over and want to play dress up, but the fun only last about 15 minutes for her and she NEVER just goes and plays with the dress ups on her own.
  • She and Kent can be best friends. She really misses sharing a room with him. She mostly likes sharing with Amber (when she is nice that is:)).
Lindsay came into the world quickly. We were getting in the car to go to the hospital when I knew she was coming too fast. So, the paramedics delivered her in our bathroom. At church recently, the teacher asked the kids what hospital they born in and Lindsay came home very upset. She asked me why she had to be born at home in the bathroom instead of a hospital like everyone else. I told her one day she would appreciate the fact that she has an unusual birth story, hope I am right:)!

I will be taking treats to her class today. It will be fun to see how she is doing in school!

Happy Birthday!

4 comments:

Tami said...

I remember you telling me the story of Lindsay's birth while I was pregnant with my Ashlie. I'm telling you I rushed to the hospital on the first pain--only to endure 13 hours of long hard labor. I was just not meant to have babies quickly! She will think it's cool when she's older. Glad you're back online!

Steve and Holly said...

It must feel great to have your baby be 6! -- hope we live long enough to find out.

Leslie said...

Oh my goodness...I remember when she was born. Could that really have been SIX years ago?! Wow...time flies when you're having fun. Happy Birthday Lindsay!

mwells said...

Cute then... and cute still!