Dave and I have committed to run a half marathon (13.1 miles) on October 25th. I am working on thinking that I can actually accomplish this feat (you have to remember I never ran anywhere just over a year ago). Last week I told Dave that I was scared to death. This week I ran on my own with a goal in mind, not a time goal this time, just a length goal. I ran 10 MILES!!! I did it! Now I am closer to the goal of accomplishing the 1/2 marathon. I may not run it in record time, but I know that I can finish it now!
12 comments:
Wow! I can't even imagine. You are my hero for this. Although, when I think about you, I am filled with guilt and an overwhelming feeling of being a slug. Ugh.
You ran 10 miles without walking?? Wow,I'm jealous. That is awesome, isn't it amazing the things we think we could never do and then one day....
YOU ARE AWESOME!!!!
When we were in California over the weekend, they had the Disney 1/2 marathon. I decided I need to start training for one because they had the coolest medals and you get to run through Disneyland (how's that for motivation). I may be seeing you out on the road sometime soon.
Wow I'm impressed at your dedication. You inspired me long ago to start running. I now want to start out running in the Turkey Trot at Thanksgiving!
I love your blog, so funny. I'm sorry my mouth was probably running to much this aftn. I didnt realize you had a blog also. Can I add you to my friends list?
Way to GOOOOO!! You can do it. Adrenaline will carry you the rest of the way and you will wonder why you ever worried!
Diane
You rock! Good luck!
Good job!! Woohoo!!!
Wow, you truly are amazing. You go girl!
p.s. I keep checking back to find out about your poor little dog. I'm so sorry about that.
You go Kristine! I'll probably be eating your dust!
Yea!!! You're going to do awesome!
That is so awesome! And super-inspirational for me. Someday...
Les.
Post a Comment