Garner Family

Garner Family

Sunday, April 27, 2008

Another Sunday

Sunday's can be a bit crazy around our house and today was no exception. When I teach on Sunday and church is at 8am it can be a little hairy making sure I am ready with my lesson and making sure everyone else is ready too. Dave had to leave this morning at 7:25 am to set up chairs at the church and this morning he took everyone with him except Kent. So all was quiet for the last 15 minutes before Kent and I left. Church went well and Dave went off to meetings while Amber and I worked on her dinosaur report and Paige worked more on her posters (to run for VP of Student Council) and thought about what she wanted to do to finish them up. So this afternoon and evening we: made posters for Paige's campaign; had the home teachers come; Dave had a presidency meeting; Amber finished up her dinosaur report and I made a fabulous (to some) dinner.
At church today while the choir was singing a song, Lindsay leaned over to me and said, "I can't wait to go to my class and learn something and make something to bring home!" I thought it was sweet. Amber was sweet as she read a sheet that talked about baptismal covenants. She was very reverent! When I brought it up at dinner Paige and Samantha admitted that they had a difficult time being reverent. I alway thought that as my kids got older they would be easier to handle in church, but alas it is not always so.

1 comment:

mwells said...

I am glad to hear that someone can't wait to go to their class. Every Sunday Dylan tells me "Primary is boring!" What ever happened to a day of "rest"?